Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Breastfeeding Advocate Hubbie

I love the fact that Lau is already an advocate of breastfeeding! Yes, my husband! An advocate! A very strong one at that!

Last night, Lau told me about one of his male colleagues who is a new father. His baby was born a little earlier than the EDD (premature) and asked Lau as to what milk we're using to feed Damien.

"Breastmilk 'pre, ako na ang magtestify sa wonders talaga ng breastmilk." Lau proudly said, "Breastfeeding ba si Gelai karon?"
"Dili na eh. Gamay lang kaayo ang gatas." his colleague said.
"Ayaw mo katingala, gamay pa ang tiyan sa baby...dili jud na daghan dayun2 ang gatas sa mommy. Basehan niya ang kagutom sa baby." Lau said.
"Mao ba? Daghan lagi ka nahibaw-an ana Sir." his colleague said.
"Natakdan na ko kang misis." Lau joked, "Dili pud, breastfed pud mi nga babies."
"Maayo pud na noh." his colleague added.
"Maayo jud kaayo. Buyag, wala jud nagkasakit akong baby. Ug tipid kaayo, ang para sa formula...na-divert na namo para sa vaccines." Lau added.

He told me all about their conversation about breastmilk. Think about it, two fathers talked about breastmilk! I love it! I love the fact that Lau testified and had a lot of information to tell the new father (his baby just turned a month old is being formula-fed fulltime now). I know that his passion comes from his experience of Damien (now 8 months and still being breastfed), but hearing him tell this story with so much gusto is another aspect that I haven't seen!

I must say that it's such a proud moment for me as well. I knew that the moment I made the decision to breastfeed Damien, Lau was behind me all the way. Even coming to he rescue that one time with MIL (will blog about it in a later post!). For a husband to be very supportive that he turned to be an advocate as well is something rare!

I'm too giddy and happy typing this story! It's such a natural high!

1 comment:

  1. tama yan JF. Breastfeed until you can. I weaned my son from bf when he turned 2 already. He's not that fat (chorizo legs), but he's lean and heavy. He never got sick. Only fever from vaccinations. And yung simple colds lang. And yes, super tipid sa formula milk! My friend spends about 2k per week for milk for her 6 month old daughter, imagine that. laki ng tipid. :)

    ReplyDelete