Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Birthday Prepping Part 3: Lootbag Ins and Outs

I've always loved doing handmade gifts so it came to naturally to want to DIY almost everything for D's first birthday, that included the lootbag!

With so many ideas swarming in my head, I needed to type it all down and finally get to researching the how-to's and methods. I was thinking of maybe doing a unique lootbag and putting all kinds of different goodies that the kids will enjoy!

So, I found the template online (seriously, everything is found online!) and got started but realized that the lootbag was a little too small to fit the giveaways that I was thinking of. So I made the template a little larger...to make a long story short, I've made three samples before actually getting into a size that L and I were happy. I tried placing the mock-up giveaways and found that there was still enough space for the food goodies!

I was too excited. That night, I showed it to L when he got back from work and all he could ask was, "You had time to make three samples? Wow...you really are crafty huh?" I wasn't too sure what he meant by that but I'd like to believe that he was being nice and sincere. He smiled and gave me a hug (aww, trying to make up for what he said probably!). L has never seen me do a lot of crafty and DIY stuff so I'm sure this is such a surprise for him.

I've also listed down the DIY giveaways that I'll be making as well. So far, I've gotten them in the list but I still need to do a little canvassing so that I can start buying them soon. With the way that I'm going...I might be able to finish the lootbags before booking all the rest of the suppliers! Haha!

At least I've ticked another item off my list of things to prep for D's big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment