Friday, April 12, 2013

Birthday Prepping Part 1: Brainstorming

Ever since April hit...I've been brainstorming ideas for my bubba's upcoming first birthday. If you're asking as to when his birthday is...it's July 27th. I know, it's still months away but if you look at the details and being able to pin down suppliers at a reasonable price, and finalizing the guest list...there's not a lot of time left.

I've always been the type of person who loves to put ideas together and I've been busy brewing ideas already for D's theme for the past few months. Why too advanced you might ask? Because there's still the possibility that I could change my mind. Besides, I'm the one doing most of the planning and Lau's in charge of the legwork. And of course, being able to be within the budget doesn't hurt as well!

The theme's been decided. The template of the invitation is already done as well, only the details are missing including D's photo (shoot is scheduled around mid-June). I've already prepped a mock-up of how the centerpieces will be, there are still some elements missing though but that's all right...all of those will be done by tomorrow (yes, you heard me right...tomorrow!). After the mock-up of the table, I'll go straight to hunting for suppliers for the goodies in the loot bag. There's actually one particular goody that I've been dying to do a craft project on. Once I've got the materials ready, I'll post at how I did it and the outcome as well.

Lau's going to do an ocular tomorrow on our fave spot (where we had our wedding reception) as I've pictured the whole decor in my mind with a bit of tweaking. My goal for this month is to be able to book the venue so that we can already start with a sit-down of how the decor will be and where to put what.

To be honest, I seem to be spending more time planning my son's birthday than I did with our wedding almost two years ago. And yes, it looks like we'll have more guests with this celebration as well! LOL!

The next few weeks will be a huge brainstorming session for my brain...I don't mind, I like the exercise and it's good that I get to do more crafts this time! I can't wait for the outcome...

No comments:

Post a Comment