Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Do-It-Yourself: The GIANT 3D Letters

Blame it on Pinterest and Martha Stewart but I wanted D's bash to be as picturesque and as picture-perfect as possible...given the situation that we were DIYing the whole event, you can imagine my stress level during the last week of preparations!

I've always wanted those giant 3D letters that I see in Pinterest birthday bashes. First, it's such a nice statement piece and people can always have their pictures taken there. Also, I love the idea that D's name is spelled out in huge, ginormous letters! It was a week-long battle between L and I since he wasn't sure that he can do the letters in the way that I wanted it to look. He made small-scale samples of other ideas, of which I was okay with it (but I was still praying that he would do the giant 3D effect that I wanted). In the end, I was able to get the letters that I wanted...and more!

L's sister suggested that they make the letter A into a house from the movie itself so that it'd look cooler. I was all for it as long as they do it before the allotted deadline so that I wouldn't be too stressed about it. It took them a weekend (sleepless, at that) to finish all six letters and the house. I am proud as it looked fantastic and everyone raved about it as well.

The materials used were:
- Gibson chipboard (the ones that are used for cake boxes)
- white satin sticker paper
- scotch tape
- a whole lotta PATIENCE!




This is what I also loved about Las Terrazas, it had the perfect backdrop for the 3D letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment