Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The First Birthday Bash

The day has finally arrived as we celebrated D's first birthday last Saturday, July 27.

I will try to write a post for each of my suppliers as well as post some pictures as well.

Here are the details of his bash:

Location: Las Terrazas Clubhouse
Dinner Catering: Alternative Catering Services by Mila's
Lechon: Porky's Lechon
Candy Buffet: Tina's Candy Buffet
Video Highlights: Tonn Navales
Photos: CJ Liamzon
Party Host and Magician: Bonjee Entertainment Services

Everything else, including the physical arrangement and decorations, were done by Team Damien (me, Lau, Jam, Shimran, Rap2 and more relatives and friends). We made it a point to hire the professionals that are already good at what they do and have been part of our occasions through the years. D's godmother was nice enough to offer that she be in charge of the cupcakes for his big bash. We opted not to have the cake as it wouldn't be enjoyed by everyone since that would mean slicing it and putting it in platters and then distributing them to everyone and also because there's no space in the refrigerator for the leftovers.

Being the OC that I am, I made sure to book the suppliers at least 2 months in advance (except for the catering as they live a block from us and we know that they can be booked last-minute). It was around April when I was already full-on party-planning mode (see my previous posts) and have finished almost all of the things for the party itself.

There were definitely a lot of kids at the party and that made me happy because the party program and magician were really meant for the kids. I was also very happy, though terrified at the same time, that James the magician brought along Snakee, his 2-year-old Burmese Python at the party. A lot of kids and parents were ecstatic and happy to have pics taken with Snakee but I was a scaredy cat. Hahaha!

If there's anything that I am proud of, I am proud that L and I didn't kill each other with the decorations (LOL!) and also that it really made us more patient with each other as we work in very different ways. I was planning for the worst (given that it was supposed to be the rainiest night of the week) and L was planning it to be the best bash in pictures...in the end, we both wanted the best for D, who was very happy and was smiling in almost all of the photos!

Speaking of photos, I have yet to get the photos and video highlights of the big bash but I'll be posting separate posts with my suppliers and how our relationship evolved to being good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment