Wednesday, July 31, 2013

D's Bash: Bonjee Entertainment Services

A children's birthday party will always have a host and a bit of magic...

One summer in high school, my sister J and I decided to enroll in magic classes run by James Infiesto. Little did we know that we would have to perform magic in front of a lot of people at the end of our two-week training! Waaah! But it did open our eyes to what magic is all about, it's just about having fun and making kids smile. Sure, you know the trick but the part that I loved the most is when the kids open their mouths in awe and clap their hands. There's just something about making kids laugh and smile that tugs at my heartstrings.

I've been at a lot of kids' parties throughout the years and I've always been a stickler for grammar especially for the host. I cringed my teeth the moment I hear a mistake and L simply holds my hand as I roll my eyes, I can't help it especially since I was an English teacher to Koreans and a communications trainer for 4 years in total! It just sounds so wrong!

Then we all have heard about David Blaine and Criss Angel, now these magicians are on the dark side and it simply confuses me as to why magicians dress up like them at a kid's party! Be happy, wear happy colors! What's wrong with a little rainbow? Hahaha!

When I contacted Jymmez Infiesto of Bonjee, I was so happy that she remembered me from a long time ago. Her dad and my brother are good friends and also happens to be family friends for quite some time. I booked her and her dad for D's bash. She was quite excited as I told her how hands-on I was going to be with the preparations and all...I was also very happy to hear that they have already hosted an Up-themed bash and she has the costume for it.

Ate Jymmez as a Wilderness Explorer in her element with the kids during D's bash

Her dad, James Infiesto, is a well-known magician around the city absolutely loves doing magic for kids. You can tell it's his passion and it's something that he was born to do. Being that he was our magic teacher, I couldn't wait to see him at his best during the bash and I was all eyes on him, as are everyone else. What makes his different from all the other magicians that I have seen in other kids' parties is that he doesn't make it so secret. He makes it happy, he makes it fun...he makes the kids eyes go big and their lips curl into a smile.

He also brought with him his 2-year-old Burmese Python, Snakee. I wasn't up for pics with Snakee but I was carrying D and got the chance to have a pic taken with Snakee but I couldn't dare touch the python. All the other guests were so excited to have pics taken with Snakee, it's something that the kids never thought they could do at that event so I was very happy at that.

Jymmez and I were able to customize the games for the party as the kids were going to earn badges so we made it a point that the games would be in line with the party theme. I was also glad that I really didn't think much about the program or the party itself (in terms of entertainment and even the music) as Jymmez and her team were on top of it. I am very glad and quite relieved that that was out of my hands.

There's nothing more that I could ask for the best in entertainment...this tandem of father and daughter beats any other entertainment service provider in the city.

For more information on their packages, you can check out their FB page at Bonjee Entertainment Services or contact them at 297-6776.

No comments:

Post a Comment