Thursday, August 1, 2013

Do-It-Yourself: The 3D Letters for the Candy Buffet

Spelling out my bubba's name has been a favorite of mine ever since I found out that I was pregnant and it was something that I wanted to do for his birthday as well. I've searched online on how to make 3D letters for the table and it seemed pretty easy.

My initial plan was to put the letters on the candy buffet but we decided to scratch that out given that the candies were already looking good on its own. But I had other plans for the letters after, it's perfect for the room as a wall decoration.

I would've wanted to cover it with washi tape but to be honest, I was too overwhelmed and confused with all the designs of the tapes online that L and I just settled on solid sticker paper on each letter and then go from there. Hahaha! If I had more time and patience on my hands, I might be able to muster the courage to look at the hundreds of designs of washis and then choose at least 20! LOL!

Anyway, I printed out the letters from MS Word and just made sure that it was one huge letter on each page. I believe the size was between 900-950, depending on the letter, and then printed it out. We used Gibson chipboard and then traced it on there, made two traces of each letter and then backed it up with an inch long chipboard to make it 3D. Covered it with the sticker paper and then voila...3D letters for the candy buffet!


It's perfect to be placed on the dessert table with the cake and cupcakes as well coz it makes a great statement and people would wanna take pictures of it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment