Monday, August 12, 2013

D's Bash: Capturing Moments by CJ Liamzon

A picture is worth a thousand words...to a mom, a picture of her baby is worth a milllion and more. I never pass up a good photo op and D's big bash was the biggest photo op in my calendar.

When Anj of MustLoveBabies had to fly to Manila unexpectedly, I was happy that she was able to contact a photog friend of hers who happens to be a highschool batchmate of mine. So the meet & greet wasn't really problem anymore.

CJ Liamzon loves photography like babies love sleep and you can see it in his way of capturing shots, especially the candid ones. Everything is self-explanatory, from the expressions on the eyes to the simplest hand gestures...it is indeed a thousand and more words. His extensive background and experience also shows his professionalism, I hardly noticed him taking the photos during the bash...which is rare for someone who loves the camera (ehem!).

Here are some of my fave shots that he took during the bash:

The look of a Dad to his son.

A baby's smile to his mother is as priceless as the biggest diamond in the world.
Both photos are as candid as they can be as I try to remember where CJ and Tonn were at this time, maybe because I was too busy thinking whether I've finished everything for D's big bash that I hardly really noticed them.

The awe in the eyes of the audience as the magician concentrated on this one act of surprise, he has achieved what magic is all about...awe and wonder.

I particularly adore this black and white photo of James and the audience, it's when the dove seemed to have magically come alive and out of the frame. The audience, kids and adults alike, had wonder and awe in their faces as mouths opened and jaws dropped. Such a classic photo...

Smiles radiate from these children as they dance their hearts out...
These kids definitely know how to strut their stuff as they dance...definitely loving the motto, "Dance like no one's watching..."

The Peas in the Pod with their moms
Love, love, love this photo of the moms and the babies of our playgroup. A support group of moms in all aspects of mommyhood, I can't help but think what I'd do if I didn't know these wonderful and amazing moms! I love how CJ captured our smiles and even though some of our babies weren't looking through the lens, they're definitely smiling all on their own.

To check out CJ's FB page, here's the link.

If I could only have all of these photos framed, they'd be strategically placed in our bedroom so that D will know how much love there is all around him.

Thanks CJ and till our next photo op!


No comments:

Post a Comment