Friday, May 10, 2013

Pumping It Up

D's already 9 months and 13 days as of writing and he is as active as he can be! Semi-cruising and already showing signs that he's ready to let go of whatever he's holding to stand up on his own, I only have a few more months to spare before all of us will be running after him. With his constant growth, I've seen him chow down more food than I thought I could see him eat...and his milk input hasn't changed either! Love the idea that I can just pull it out and he can latch onto it, anytime and anywhere.

I've been meaning to build up a stash but since I stay home with him, laziness has come over me and pumping hasn't been a priority unless there's a need to donate some. But a few days ago, I was contacted by my former headteacher and asked me if I could start teaching again next month. I've missed teaching and if there's anything that I love to do (before I became a mom), that's teaching. I jumped to the chance and agreed to start teaching again.

My classes will start as early as noon so that would mean D will be spending the afternoon and early evening with his nanny, Yaya W. The thought of having to build a stash was already looming and quite urgent since I know that my supply would need to be reprogrammed. I wasn't too worried but I also knew that it'd be a great practice to already start the soonest.

This afternoon, I was able to find the time to actually do some sessions. I was quite surprised since I was able to pump around 3oz. during my first two sessions. I'm due for another session tonight after I post this. But with the way things are going...I'm actually happy that I'm slowly and surely building a stash. It's also perfect timing since the balloon workshop will be on the 25th of this month and I'll be away for a whole day, a stash would be perfect so that Yaya W will be relieved as well.

Such liquid gold is achievable. I'm quite glad to have the support system around me. It's not a numbers game, it's more of consistency and practice...with a whole lot of patience!

By the way...D isn't used to bottle feeding so we're skipping all those and going straight to the glass! Besides, he loves putting his mouth to the rim and feel the glass...

No comments:

Post a Comment